Clinic speak: DMTs phrasing the correct questions

Do you want to have a say the contents of clinic speak? #ClinicSpeak #MSBlog

In response to the following question that I received by email I am preparing a series of clinic speak questions. 

“It would be really useful for those of us who have been recently diagnosed to have a clear example to follow with questions for our neurologists when considering the various treatment options."

From my perspective to make an informed decision you need to ask and understand the following questions: 
  1. Are you sure I have MS?
  2. What type of MS do I have?
  3. What prognostic group do I fall into?
  4. Do I have active MS?
  5. What is the risk of me not having any treatment?
  6. Am I eligible for treatment with a DMT?
  7. What DMTs are available to me?
  8. What are the pros and cons of these treatments? 


I will answer these as best I can over the next few weeks. Please let me know if you have want me to cover any other issues on this topic. I need to plan the posts in advance so that all link-up. Thanks. 




Labels: ,